Culver Boys & Girls Club serves nearly 400 youth through membership and community outreach. Together, with our Club investors, we are making an impact on the academic success, good character and citizenship, and healthy lifestyles of our youth residents!
Culver Boys & Girls Club is a private, not-for-profit organization. We began as the Culver Community Youth Center in 2000. In 2006 the Youth Center had grown to 83 members with an average daily attendance of 32.
In 2007, we became a chartered unit of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, which is a nationwide affiliation of nearly 4,000 local, autonomous Clubs that work to help young people of all backgrounds develop the qualities they need to become responsible citizens and leaders. That year, our membership grew to well over one hundred members.
Located in the Culver Elementary School, we currently serve almost 400 members a year, with an average of over 80 participants on a daily basis. At our site, we have use of a full sized gymnasium, playground, gamesroom, computer lab, and cafeteria. We have strong relationships with the local school corporation, and place heavy emphasis on educational programming.
Our Reach and Scope:
· Served a total of 408 youth in our communities in 2015
· $3,226 was awarded in membership scholarships in 2015
·$14,403 awarded in Kidstop fee assistance in 2015
About the Youth We Serve:
· 52% Male Club members
· 48% Female Club members
· 61% of Club membership receives free or reduced meals through the school lunch program
· 27% of our Club membership live in households headed by a single parent
Ethnicity of Youth Served:
· Caucasian – 89%
· African-American – 1%
· Hispanic/Latino – 4%
· Multi-Racial – 5%
· Other/Unkown – 1%
Our Impact – Your Impact!
· In our 2013-2014 Indiana Kids Educational Program, 73 members participated in our education and/orcareer sessions. Average math ability increased .96 grade levels and average reading ability increased.76 grade levels.
· 76% of our Club members say The Club is a fun place to be!
* 79% of our Club members say they feel like they belong when they are at The Club!
*100% of our members expect to graduate high school
*88% of our Club members expect to attend and complete 4 years of college.
64% of our Club members engage in physical activity five or more days a week
Good Character & Citizenship
48% of our Club members participate in a Club based service projects at least once a month.